Dental Professionals are people who look after the overall welfare of their patient when it comes to the teeth, gums, tongue and jaw. Typically the dentists come to mind immediately. However, dental profession is not limited to dentists only. We will the different types of dental professionals and why you need to visit them.
The Dental Professionals
Dental public health clinics. Dentists in public health clinics are community-based. They provide dental education to the public by creating dental programs for schools and giving information regarding fluoridation. They conduct data drive on how to deal with oral hygiene and preventing dental diseases.
They are dental professionals who deal with promoting oral health. They give highly personalized oral hygiene instructions.
They studied two more years of dental education to perform root canal treatment. They diagnose and treat toothaches as well.
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
They are dental professionals who evaluate and help patients with salivary gland and mucosal diseases, jaw bone diseases, head, and neck pain syndromes. Treatment is nonsurgical.
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
They are of dental professionals who specialize in imaging and interpret results. This data is used for treating diseases and conditions.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
This is a specialized field of dental surgery. The dental professionals under this category are the orthopedic surgeon of the facial region. They handle people with impacted teeth and repair of facial trauma.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
The dental professionals in this field focus on teeth alignment and dental arches. This includes evaluation, prevention, correction of malocclusion.
They are specially trained to handle small children. They provide primary and comprehensive oral health care for infants, children, till adolescence. Do you know that even if baby teeth are temporary, but at an early age dental care must be a priority? A pediatric dentist can help him.
They are dentists who diagnose, evaluates or treats periodontal and those who does dental implants.
Why Do You Need Dental Professionals?
You have to visit dental professionals regularly for the following reasons:
1. To prevent gum disease. Gum diseases may cause heart problems.
What you have gum disease the tissues around your teeth gets infected causing bone loss. Visit the dentist for the regular dental cleaning.
2. Detect oral cancer. The earlier the illness is diagnosed, the more chances of healing.
3. Nothing beats a healthy smile. You have the confidence to face people. You will be more happy to meet new people and be able to socialize.
4. To maintain good oral health. Regular dentist visit helps you to keep perfect teeth and gums. They easily detect dental issues. If there are problems, they can treat you before it levels up to become severe.
5. To help maintain good overall health. There are studies that dental health is directly related to diseases like cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.
Dental professionals at Lacey Dentist have the excellent track record. Only go to practitioners and experts.
There are specialized fields in the dental profession. Now that you are aware of their different specializations then you know where to go. Health is wealth.